Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nuno Felting by Brenda Martell

We have the goods! Nuno felting? Yes, a process by which soap, water, and agitation cause fiber to migrate through fabric to create a unique piece of art.  For Brenda, the luxurious fiber she uses comes from her alpacas. Owner of Fallen Leaf Farm Alpacas, Brenda uses every ounce of fiber that her alpacas produce.  Some is left natural and some she dyes herself.  Because of this, she is able to create pieces of beauty and functionality, such as, scarves, jewerly, purses, and wine cozies.  The items she makes are all one of a kind and cannot be duplicated. "I love to mix fibers within my work. That is how I get my texture and visual interest. My customers are a distinct group of people. They (or their husbands) buy beautiful and unique items that showcase their personality." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Southern Fried Gallery's Fan Box

Followers